[3 Easy ways] How to enable international transaction on SBI debit card?
State Bank of India provides many online services to its customers for easy access to their account and managing account-related services. As per new RBI guidelines, to use your SBI debit card internationally, you have to enable the card for international transactions manually before doing any transaction. SBI gives an easy way to enable international transaction on SBI debit card. In this guide, we will see how to enable International transaction on SBI debit card using SBI Yono App, SBI Yono Lite App, and Via SMS without the internet in a step-by-step manner.
Table of Contents
Things required to enable SBI debit card international transactions –
Few things you must have to complete this process.
- The registered mobile Number should be with you to enable international transactions.
- Mobile should be active and must be able to send/receive SMS.
- Last 4 Digits of the SBI debit card
- To use SBI Apps, you must know Internet Banking user ID/ password OR SBI Yono App six-digit PIN/YONO Lite App six-digit PIN.
- You must know the SBI profile password (if you use Yono App)
Methods to enable International transactions on SBI Debit Card
There are three methods that you can use –
- By using SBI Yono App.
- By using SBI Yono Lite App.
- By sending an SMS from a registered mobile number (without Internet).
We will see each method in detail –
Method 1 – How to enable International transaction on SBI debit card using SBI Yono App?
- Download SBI Yono App on your smartphone
- Register on the app using your mobile number and OTP verification and Internet banking user id password.
- Log in to the app using a six-digit PIN and then tap the Menu icon from the top left side.
- Tap on the ‘Service Request’ option from the menu.
- Now, tap on the ATM/Debit Card option.
- Enter your SBI profile password and click on Submit button. Know how to reset profile password in sbi.
- On the new screen, tap on the ‘Manage Card’ option.
- From the drop-down list, select the account number, then select the card number, and then click on the “Manage Usage” option.
- Now, Enable International Usage by tapping on a Toggle button. Click on the Next button to submit the request.
- On the new screen, enter the OTP received in your registered mobile number and tap on Submit button.
- Your request to enable international transactions on sbi debit card has been processed successfully.
Also Read – How to deposit a cheque in SBI bank
Method 2 – How to enable SBI debit card international transaction using SBI Yono Lite App?
- Download SBI Yono Lite App on your smartphone.
- Register with a mobile number and OTP verification.
- Log in to the app by entering the six-digit PIN and tap the ‘Manage Cards‘ option.
- Then tap on the ‘Manage Cards‘ option from the menu.
- Now, tap on the ‘Manage Debit Card‘ option.
- Select the Account number from the list, and Select the Card number from the list.
- You can view the various modes of payment. Enable International Transaction option by tapping on the toggle button in front of the International transaction option.
- You will also need to enter the limit of transactions. (Just enter the maximum allowed limit if that’s ok with you) and tap on SUBMIT button.
- Once again, check your selected options and then tap on CONFIRM button.
- On the new screen, enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number.
- After confirming OTP, your transaction will be enabled.
- You will get an SMS message regarding the same.
Must Read – How to transfer sbi account to another branch online/offline
Method 3 – Enable SBI debit card International transactions by sending SMS?
If you are using a feature phone or don’t want to use apps for enabling international transactions, you can do it by sending SMS from your registered mobile number. Your mobile number must be active and should have a balance to be able to send SMS.
- Open the SMS app on your phone and create a new SMS.
- Type the following text and send it on 9223966666
SBI enable international transactions by SMS – Type SWON <space> INTL <space> <Last four digits of debit card>
- After sending this SMS, you will receive a reply stating your international transactions are enabled successfully.
Must Read – How to download SBI bank statement on mobile in PDF format
You can enable international transaction on SBI debit card easily sitting at home. If you have any queries/doubts regarding the information provided in this article, write to us in the comment section below.
- How to get SBI CIF number Online and Offline? [easily in just 5 minutes]
- How to activate SBI Debit card for online transactions? : 3 Easy Ways
- Forgot SBI internet banking username: How to reset SBI Internet Banking Username in 1 minute
- How to reset SBI Netbanking Password in 2 Minutes?
- How to get SBI Passbook Online In just 1 minute?
- How to get SBI Online banking Username and Password? [Easy 10 minutes Process]
I have activated through sms, but the transaction is not happening, what should I do now?
to enable international access to Debit card….
Send SWON INTL SMS to 9223966666 …
to enable International E-Commerce online transactions using Debit card ..
Send SWON IECOM SMS to 9223966666 …
It worked for me…
i send the msg type how much time will take activation process
No charges for enabling international transactions
Is this free of cost or apply charges??
For international transactions max limit is 75000 .can I increase that to 200000.
Have you find the solution..
I used SMS method. I got reply SMS in response stating “couldn’t be processed due to:Do not honor -SBI”.
If the option is not available, then your Debit Card does not support international transactions.
I already use Yono SBI app., so I want to activate my international transaction but inside app there not came any option of INTL transition.