A bank cheque is still an important mode of payment in India. Filling a checkbook and paying it to a person is still a thing and a widely used, trusted method of payment. In this digital era, depositing a cheque is found to be very inconvenient to some people. However, some banks have come up with smart solutions to depositing cheques. In this guide, we see how to deposit a cheque in SBI bank, which will shorten the time you spend in the bank.
Table of Contents
Things required to deposit a cheque in SBI bank –
- Your account number – You must know your account number
- Debit card – ATM/Debit card must be with you to use a CDM machine.
How to deposit a cheque in SBI Bank via CDM machine?
A Cash Deposit Machine (CDM) is a cheque collection machine that is similar to ATM. You need to insert your cheque into the machine and verify your account details.
- Go to the nearest CDM of SBI and insert your SBI debit card.
- Input the PIN of your debit card.
- Now, insert the cheque as shown in the image on the CDM screen. Orientation should be the same as shown in the image.
- Before inserting the cheque, make sure that the cheque doesn’t have any fold in the corner or fold in the middle. If so, make it straight and then insert the cheque.
- After inserting the cheque, the image of the cheque will be shown on the screen. Confirm the cheque is correctly scanned and press the CONFIRM button.
- Now, you will get the printed receipt of the cheque with the cheque number mentioned in it. Verify the details and then leave the machine.
- Within three working days, you will receive money in your account.
To get the cash credited on the same day, follow this method –
- Go to the SBI branch in which you have the account.
- Ask for a cheque deposit slip on the helpdesk.
- Fill out the cheque deposit slip with your account number, cheque number, cheque issuing bank, branch name, etc.
- Make sure to mention the PAN card number if the amount is greater than 50,000 Rs.
- Attach this slip to your cheque and submit it to the deposit counter.
- On the same day, your money will be credited to your account if the cheque is found in order.
Frequently Asked Questions on How to deposit a cheque in SBI bank –
Can I deposit Cheque in any branch of SBI?
Yes, you can deposit a cheque in any branch of SBI in India. Just make sure that there are two sections in the Dropbox- local cheques and outstation cheques. Drop the cheque in the correct compartment.
How do I deposit a Cheque?
First look for the CDM machine in the bank. It's very convenient to deposit the cheque into the CDM. Secondly, use the cheque dropbox located in the bank branch, fill out the slip, attach it to the cheque, and drop it in the dropbox. Thirdly, deposit the cheque on the counter along with a filled slip.
What is the fastest way to deposit a check?
The fastest way to deposit a cheque and get the money is the cheque writers bank. Go to the bank which issued the cheque and get the money in cash. This will only work if the cheque is bearer only. For cross-cheque, you will need to go to your bank branch and deposit the cheque to get the money on the same day in your account.
How can I deposit a check online?
There is no such service available in India as of writing this article. The easiest way to deposit cheque safely is the CDM.
Can you make a check clear faster?
Yes, you can get the money deposited on the same day if you submit the cheque in the same branch where your account is maintained.
How can I deposit a check without going to the bank?
You can use a Cheque deposit machine (CDM) to avoid going to the bank. CDMs are generally located near ATMs but not as much as ATMs. Find your nearest CDM for a faster cheque deposit process.
Must Read – SBI cheque book request through SMS in 5 minutes
In this guide, we have seen how to deposit a cheque in SBI bank. If you have any doubts/queries regarding the information provided in this article, write to us in the comment section below.
- How to change SBI ATM PIN online? : [3 Easy Methods]
- How to get SBI bank statement through Email in just 5 minutes?
- What is my SBI statement PDF Password? get SBI statement Password in just 2 minutes
- How to get SBI Passbook Online In just 1 minute?
- How to get SBI Online banking Username and Password? [Easy 10 minutes Process]
- How to reset SBI Netbanking Password in 2 Minutes?
- SBI Bank statement PDF download without net banking - 3 Easy Methods