If you are a user of SBI, then you may know that SBI offers many banking facilities. You can also change your registered mobile number in SBI. Don’t know how? Don’t worry; in this post, I will share how to change registered mobile number In SBI.
You can easily change your registered mobile number by going to the bank and filling out a form. But no one likes to go to the bank and face problems. So, online is the best way to change the registered mobile number in SBI.
Previously, SBI didn’t have these services to change registered mobile number online. But now you can easily change your registered mobile number online.
Table of Contents
Change registered mobile number in SBI – Online Methods
Net Banking is the best way to change registered mobile number. If you are an existing SBI Net Banking facility user, you can easily do so.
Just follow the below steps to do so.
You can change your registered mobile number in 3 easy ways –
- Through OTP
- Through IRATA [Internet Banking Request Approval Through ATM]
- Through the Contact Center
Method 1 – How to change registered mobile number in SBI through SMS?
You can easily change your registered mobile number by verifying OTP. You need the old registered mobile number and the new one. If you have both, follow the below steps-
- First of all, go to this link –https://www.onlinesbi.sbi/
- Log in with your credentials.
- After you have moved into the dashboard, go to your profile.
- Then go to the personal details/mobile section.
- Use your profile password to authenticate.
- You will get a change mobile number option there.
- Choose the option ‘change mobile number through OTP.’
- Click on proceed.
- Enter the new mobile number and re-type the number.
- Now, select the verification method as OTP on both mobile numbers.
- Select your account and click on proceed.
- Choose ATM Card and click on Proceed again.
- Now fill in your card details [Card number, expiry date, cardholder name, ATM PIN] and fill in the captcha. Then click on proceed.
- You will be able to see one notification on the next screen to confirm 1 Rs. transaction. After you click the Pay button, your transaction will be confirmed, and the OTP and reference number will be sent to both mobile numbers.
- Now, you have to send an SMS from both mobile numbers to confirm the mobile number change request.
ACTIVATE <8 digit OTP value> <13 digit reference number> to 567676
E.g., ACTIVATE 12345678 UM12051500123
You have completed the process to change the mobile number, and you can see the status in your profile section.
Method 2 – How to change registered mobile number in sbi through ATM nearby?
Another easy process to change registered mobile number is through an ATM. This process is almost the same as the first one.
- From method A, follow the exact instructions from step 1 to step 9.
- Now choose the IRATA: Internet Banking Request Approval through ATM and click proceed.
- Choose your account and card.
- On the next screen, enter your card details [Card number, expiration date, ATM PIN, and Card Holder Name]. Fill in the captcha. Click on proceed.
- SBI’s payment gateway will be displayed, and you will receive a message on your screen informing you that your request has been successfully made.
- You will now receive a 10-digit IRATA reference number on your new mobile number.
- Go to your nearest SBI ATM, insert your card, and select Services Option.
- Now, enter your ATM PIN, select the Others option, and then select the Internet Banking Request Approval option.
- Now, enter the IRATA 10-digit reference number using the ATM keypad.
Your new mobile number is now verified, and the message will be sent to you on your new mobile number.
Method 3 – Change registered mobile number in SBI through the Contact Center.
Another easy and last process to change registered mobile is through the contact center. This process is also almost the same as the other two.
- First of all, go to – https://www.onlinesbi.sbi/
- Then log in with your credentials.
- Go to your profile section.
- Then go to the personal details and mobile section.
- Authenticate using your profile password.
- Now, choose the contact center option to change the registered mobile number. Then click on proceed.
- Choose your account and card.
- Enter your new mobile number and confirm the mobile number again.
- On the next screen, enter your card details.
- Click on verify and pay.
- SBI’s payment gateway will be opened, and you will receive one confirmation message on your screen.
- An SMS will be sent to your registered mobile number, mentioning your reference number.
- A customer care executive will call you within three days and will ask you to verify your identity.
- After successfully validating your identity, your new mobile number will be registered, and you will receive a confirmation message.
You can easily change your registered mobile number by following the above steps. I mentioned three ways to do so. Choose the one that is more comfortable for you.
In this post, How To Change Registered Mobile Number In SBI, we have seen three ways to make the task easier for you. If you have any doubts/problems regarding this process, please write your queries in the comment section below.
- How to change SBI ATM PIN online? : [3 Easy Methods]
- How to get SBI bank statement through Email in just 5 minutes?
- What is my SBI statement PDF Password? get SBI statement Password in just 2 minutes
- How to get SBI Passbook Online In just 1 minute?
- How to get SBI Online banking Username and Password? [Easy 10 minutes Process]
- How to reset SBI Netbanking Password in 2 Minutes?
- SBI Bank statement PDF download without net banking - 3 Easy Methods