If your SBI ATM Card is lost or stolen and you want to block your lost ATM Card, and you don’t know how to do so, then you are in the right place. In this post, I will share all the possible ways to how to block SBI ATM Card.
Lost ATM Card can result in misuse. You should block the card as soon as possible to prevent misuse. State Bank Of India provides many ways to Block SBI ATM Card. I am going to share all the possible ways. Choose the easiest one to Block your card.
Table of Contents
Requirements to block SBI ATM card –
- Bank Registered Mobile Number.
- Your mobile number should be registered with SBI SMS Banking.
- ATM Card Number.
How to block SBI ATM Card instantly?
There are four ways to Block SBI ATM Card –
All the ways are easy. Now let’s talk about each way.
Method 1 – How to block SBI ATM card by SMS?
You can block your SBI ATM Card easily by sending an SMS. You should have
- First of all, open your message box and create a message.
- Type BLOCK <space> Last 4 Digits Of Your ATM Card. [Example: BLOCK 1234]
- Send this message to 567676 from your registered mobile number.
- If your details are correct, your Debit Card will be blocked. And you will also receive a confirmation message mentioning the date & time of blocking and the ticket number related to that card blocking.
Method 2 – How to block SBI ATM Card by calling customer care?
Another easy way to block your lost or stolen ATM Card is by calling customer care.
- Call SBI ATM Card Block Number – 18004253800 from your registered mobile number.
- Now, choose your language.
- Press ‘0‘ to choose ATM Card blocking option.
- A customer care executive will take your call.
- The executive will ask you for your Date Of Birth, Name, Address, etc., to confirm your identity.
- Once it is done, your card will be blocked, and you will get a ticket for future preference.
Method 3 – How to block SBI ATM Card through Internet Banking?
You can easily block your card through Internet Banking.
Follow the below steps to do so –
- Go to – https://www.onlinesbi.com/
- Login to your account with your credentials.
- Now, choose your account and then click on continue.
- On the next screen, you will see active ATM Cards.
- First, select the card you want to deactivate.
- Now, choose the reason. There are two reasons – One is ‘Lost‘ and another is ‘Stolen’. Then click on submit.
- Again, confirm that you want to block your card.
- Now authenticate using your profile password or One Time Password.
- After confirmation, your card will be blocked.
Also Check – How to Link PAN card to SBI Account online?
Method 4 – How to Block SBI ATM Card through Mobile App?
You can also block your card with a mobile app. Processes are the same as Internet Banking. If you are having trouble blocking your card through the website, you can do the same with the mobile app.
- First of all, download SBI Anywhere Application from Play Store.
- After the app is installed, simply open the app.
- Now, you will get two options to log in. One is through Easy PIN, and another one is through a password.
- In case you are a new user, then simply click on Register and register yourself on SBI Anywhere app through Internet Banking or Debit Card.
- Log in with your credentials. Move into the home page of the app.
- Now directly go to Services.
- Choose Debit Card Host listing option.
- Choose your account number and the debit card you want to block.
- Choose the reason ‘Lost’ or ‘Stolen’.
- Enter remarks, or you can leave that box blank.
- Click on Confirm.
- Enter the OTP sent to your mobile number and then click on SUBMIT.
- Your card will be blocked, and you will receive a popup notification on your screen. Note that transaction number for future reference.
It is very easy how to block SBI ATM card. But you may face problems if you don’t know the process. I shared all the possible ways in this post. I hope this post will be helpful for you. There are four easy ways to block the card. Choose the one which is easy for you.
- How to get SBI Online banking Username and Password? [Easy 10 minutes Process]
- How to download SBI bank statement on mobile in PDF format? [Quick 2 minutes Process]
- What is password for SBI statement? get SBI statement password in just 2 minutes
- How to get SBI Passbook Online In just 1 minute?
- How to reset SBI Netbanking password in 2 Minutes?
- SBI debit card tracking : How to get SBI ATM card status online? [Easy 3 minute process]
- Forgot SBI Profile Password: How to reset SBI profile Password in 10 minutes?