State Bank India debit cardholders can now control their debit card usage on various modes of transactions. Once you generate a PIN for SBI debit card, you must enable the online transactions to use on the E-commerce website. By default, each card variant comes with online transactions disabled, and you have to enable it manually before using your card on e-commerce sites or anywhere online. In this guide, we will see how to activate sbi debit card for online transactions by sending SMS, using the Yono App, and using internet banking.
Table of Contents
Things required to activate SBI debit card for online transactions
Few things you must have to enable online transactions –
- Registered mobile number – The mobile number registered with the bank must be with you. (to enable online transactions by sending SMS)
- Yono App is Installed on your phone.
- SBI profile password.
- SBI Internet banking Username and password.
- Debit card number – Last four digits (used in the SMS method)
How to activate SBI debit card for Online transactions? Step-by-step guide
There are currently three methods available to turn ON the online transaction in SBI debit card
- By sending SMS
- Using Yono App
- Using Internet Banking
We will see each technique in detail –
Method 1 – How to activate sbi debit card for online transactions through SMS
If you don’t have internet banking on your registered mobile number’s phone, then you can send an SMS to enable online/e-commerce transactions –
- Get your registered mobile number phone and create new SMS.
- Type SWON ECOM <Last four digits of a debit card>
- Send the above message to 09223966666. Standard SMS charges are applicable to send this SMS. Ensure you have sufficient main balance or SMS pack to send this SMS.
- Once the message gets delivered successfully, you will receive a reply SMS about online transactions are enabled.
You can now use your SBI debit card for online transactions.
Must Read – SBI online money transfer using debit card
Method 2 – How to activate SBI debit card for online transactions through Yono App?
You can instantly use the SBI Yono App to Turn ON/ Turn Off E-commerce transactions.
- Open SBI Yono App on your phone. If you haven’t installed the app yet, download it from the below link and register on the app using sbi internet banking username and password.
- Open the left-side menu and select the “Service Request” option.
- From the home page of the app, select the “Debit Card Services” option.
- Enter your SBI profile password and click on Submit button. Know how to reset profile password in SBI.
- From the new page, select the “Manage Card” option.
- You can now turn ON the E-commerce transaction from the list. Also, you can turn on/off other modes of transactions such as ATM/POS/International Usage, etc.
Method 3 – How to activate SBI debit card for online transactions using net banking?
You can also use SBI net banking to enable/disable online transactions for your ATM card.
- Open SBI internet banking on your phone/computer – https://www.onlinesbi.com/
- Enter your SBI Username and Password. Also, enter the correct captcha and click on the Login button.
- You will now receive OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter this OTP on the screen and then click on the Login button.
- From the main dashboard, click on the “E-Services” option.
- Then select the “ATM Card Services” option.
- Select the “ATM Card Limit/Channel/Usage Change” option.
- Select the account number from the next page, and then select The card number you want to activate for online transactions.
- Select “change channel type” from the drop-down menu and then select enable the online transaction for POS and CPN channels.
Apart from these three methods, you can use SBI Yono Lite App to enable or disable the online transactions for your SBI debit card.
Also Read – How to know my SBI UPI ID?
You can easily activate SBI debit card for online transactions by sending SMS using the Yono app and Yono Lite App. In this article, we have seen three easy methods of how to activate SBI debit card for online transactions. If you have any queries/doubts regarding the information provided in this article, feel free to write to us in the comment section below.
- How to get SBI bank statement on Email in just 5 minutes?
- How to get SBI Online banking Username and Password? [Easy 10 minutes Process]
- SBI Home loan Interest Certificate download in just 2 minutes
- How to get SBI Account Balance and Statement on WhatsApp? [Easy 2 minutes process]
- How to change address in SBI account? [10 minutes Process]
- How to get Interest Certificate from SBI
- How to stop Cheque payment in SBI?