State Bank India debit cardholders can now control their debit card usage on various modes of transactions. By default, most of the card variants come with Online transaction disabled and you have to enable it manually before using your card on e-commerce sites or anywhere online. In this guide, we will see how to activate sbi debit card for online transaction by sending SMS, using Yono App and using internet banking.
Things required to activate sbi debit card for online transaction
- Registered mobile number – The mobile number registered with the bank must be with you.(to enable online transaction by sending SMS)
- Yono App Installed on your phone.
- SBI profile password.
- SBI Internet banking Username and password.
- Debit card number – Last four digits (used in the SMS method).
How to activate sbi debit card for online transaction -Step by step guide
There are currently three methods available to turn on online transaction in sbi debit card
- By sending SMS
- Using Yono App
- Using Internet Banking
We will see each method in detail –
Method 1 – How to enable online transaction in SBI by Sending SMS
If you don’t have internet banking on your registered mobile number’s phone, then you can send SMS to enable online/e-commerce transactions –
- Get your registered mobile number phone and create new SMS.
- Type SWON ECOM <Last four digits of a debit card>
- Send the above message on 092239 66666. Standard SMS charges are applicable to send this SMS. Make sure you have sufficient main balance or SMS pack to send this SMS.
- Once the message gets delivered successfully, you will receive a reply SMS about online transactions are enabled.
You can now use your SBI debit card for online transactions.
Must Read – SBI online money transfer using debit card
Method 2 – How to activate SBI debit card for online transaction using Yono App
You can use SBI Yono App to instantly Turn ON/ Turn Off E-commerce transactions.
- Open SBI Yono App on your phone. If you haven’t installed the app yet, download from the below link and register on the app using sbi internet banking username and password.
- Open the left-side menu and select “Service Request” option.
- From the home page of the app, select “Debit Card Services” option.
- Enter your SBI profile password and click on Submit button. Know how to reset profile password in sbi.
- From the new page, select “Manage Card” option.
- You can now turn ON the E-commerce transaction from the list. Also, you can turn on/off other modes of transactions such as ATM/POS/International Usage, etc.
Method 3 – How to enable online transactions in SBI debit card using net banking
You can also use SBI net banking to enable/disable online transactions for your ATM card.
- Open SBI internet banking on your phone/computer – https://www.onlinesbi.com/
- Enter your SBI Username and Password. Also, enter the correct captcha to and click on the Login button.
- You will now receive OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter this OTP on the screen and then click on log in button.
- From the main dashboard, click on the “E-Services” option.
- Then select the “ATM card Services” option.
- Select the “ATM Card Limit/Channel/Usage Change” option.
- Select the account number from the next page and then select The card number that you want to activate for online transaction.
- From the drop-down menu, select “change channel type” and then select to enable the online transaction for POS and CPN channel.
Apart from these three methods, you can use SBI Yono Lite App to enable disable the online transactions for your SBI debit card.
Also Read – How can I get my SBI ATM PIN by SMS?
You can easily activate SBI debit card for online transaction by sending SMS, using the Yono app and Yono Lite App. In this article, we have seen four easy methods on how to activate SBI debit card for online transactions. In case you have any queries/doubts regarding the information provided in this article, feel free to write to us in the comment section below.
- How to get SBI bank statement on Email in just 5 minutes?
- What is the SBI beneficiary activation time?
- How to get SBI Rewardz customer ID?
- How to enable transaction rights in SBI online?
- SBI online money transfer using debit card : SBI IMT service to transfer money using ATM card
- How to schedule fund transfer in SBI?