SBI is one of the leading banks in India. SBI always comes up with latest features to serve their customers. State bank customers always love to use latest features to get most out of their SBIaccounts and access it anywhere anytime. One of such service is SBI virtual card. This card is created virtually and you don’t need to have any physical debit card for online shopping and online transactions. In this article, I have explained what is SBI virtual card, how to create SBI virtual card and use of this card, benefits of this card.
What is SBI virtual Credit card?
SBI has launched the feature which lets you use a credit card without having it on your hand. It means, you don’t need to apply for that card, but you can get it online. SBI virtual card details are created online and can be used for online transactions only.
This virtual card requires a minimum of 100 rs top-up and then SBI lets you create one for you which have months of validity.
Benefits of SBI virtual Card
Virtual cards have many advantages and benefits over physical debit cards –
- You can use this virtual card to shop online at various online shopping websites.
- Use SBI virtual card for bill payment, recharge, etc.
- You can use such card if your physical SBI card is blocked or closed.
- SBI virtual card is beneficial to protect your physical card against online fraud, card swap, card details theft.
- This card is created online, so you don’t need to wait to use it.
How to create SBI virtual Card online
there are two ways to create this card with ease. We will see both the ways in details –
Method 1 – Create SBI virtual card using SBI net banking
Step1: Open onlinesbi.com on your desktop/smartphone.
Step2: Login to your account using user id and password.
Step3: Go to E-services option from the top horizontal menu.
Step4: Now click on E-cards option from the given options.
Step5: Now click on State bank Virtual Card option.
Step6: Select your account number and then choose the card limit.
You can create this card with a Minimum of 100 rs to maximum 50000 rs balance.
Step7: Once done, select I accept option and click on Generate button and on next screen, your cards details will be shown.
You can now use this card for online transactions/shopping.
Method 2 – Create State bank virtual card using SBi anywhere App
You can create this card on your mobile also with ease. For this, you need to have SBI anywhere app activated on your phone.
Step1: Open SBI anywhere app on your phone and tap on Services option.
Step2: Now tap on State bank virtual card option.
Step3: From the next screen, select generate virtual card and then select your account number from the drop-down menu.
Step4: enter the Card limit and accept the t&c option.
Step5: Tap on the Generate button and your card will be generated successfully.
That’s it, the newly generated card cab be used online now.
Now that you already know how to create state bank virtual card, you should know how to cancel it. At times, you may have used the card but the remaining account still available in the card which will remain there for six months. But if you don’t need the card anymore then you can cancel it. Let us check how to do this –
How to cancel State bank virtual card
This is also a simple step in both the methods –
1. Just go to Services – state bank virtual card and select the Cancel Virtual card.
2. Now select the card you want to cancel and tap/click on cancel button.
3. Your remaining account will now credit in your account and card will be canceled.
With help of this article, you can successfully create an SBI virtual card. The article also explains what is SBi virtual card and how to cancel it after you don’t need it. In case you have any doubts, let us know in the comment section below.
- How to close SBI FD online in just 1 minute?
- How to get SBI bank statement on Email in just 5 minutes?
- What is the SBI beneficiary activation time?
- How to get SBI Rewardz customer ID?
- How to enable transaction rights in SBI online?
- How to activate SBI Debit card for online transaction?
- SBI online money transfer using debit card : SBI IMT service to transfer money using ATM card