State Bank of India offers many digital banking facilities to its customers. One of such service is money transfer using a debit card via ATM. If you don’t have Internet Banking access or don’t have a smartphone to use UPI Apps, you can use your debit card at SBI ATM to transfer money to the beneficiary. In this guide, we will see how to do SBI online money transfer using debit card using ATM.
Table of Contents
What is SBI Instant money transfer?
SBI’s Instant money transfer facility doesn’t require Internet banking access or doesn’t need a registered mobile number. Any user with an ATM card or Debit card can transfer the money from their account to the beneficiary. the beneficiary also doesn’t require to have an account with the bank. A beneficiary can withdraw money at SBI ATM with just a code sent by a bank and the OTP received on their phone at the time of withdrawal.
Fund transfer limit in SBI IMT –
A nominal charge of Rs.25 will be deducted from the sender’s account for this service. 10,000 Rs per transaction per is allowed. You can send Rs. 25,000 per sender per month. Also, you can only send Rs. 50,000 in total per month. There is a limit of 10 beneficiaries per sender per month.
Things required to transfer money using debit card in SBI ATM
Make sure to fulfill/gather the following things before going to the SBI ATM –
- SBI Debit Card – You must have an ATM/Debit Card with you to transfer money.
- ATM PIN – You must know the four-digit ATM PIN to verify the ownership.
- Beneficiary mobile number – Make sure that the mobile number is valid and active. SBI will send the sender code on this number.
- Your mobile number.
Also Read – What is UPI transaction limit per day?
How to do SBI online money transfer using debit card
Follow these simple steps to easily transfer money using sbi debit card
- Get your SBI ATM card and visit the nearest SBI group ATM
- Insert your card and enter your ATM PIN.
- Do not try to remove the card until the transaction is completed or you cancel the transaction.
- Select “Fund Transfer option.
- Select IMT option – SBI Instant Moey transfer.
- Enter the beneficiary mobile number from the keypad of the ATM.
- Now, enter your mobile number using the keypad.
- Now enter the four-digit Sender Code. You can select any code of your choice.
- Re-enter the sender code for confirmation.
- Now, enter the amount you want to send to beneficiary. You can enter amount in multiples of 100s max – 10,000 rs.
- Confirm the selection by selecting “Yes”.
- Now, you can select the account number you want to make debit.
- A 15 digit IMT number will be displayed on the screen. Also, the system will send an “SMS code” to the beneficiaries mobile number.
Steps to withdraw money by beneficiary sent by you via IMT
- The beneficiary needs to visit the SBI group ATM within 2 days of receiving SMS code on their phone.
- Select the IMT option from the screen of the ATM.
- Enter the Sender Code which you will tell them.
- On the next screen, enter the SMS code that they received on their mobile number.
- Now, enter the amount that you sent (Need to enter the full amount as the partial amount is not allowed currently).
- ATM will dispense the cash. Collect the cash to complete the transaction.
Also Read – How to withdraw money from ATM without card?
You can easily send money using debit card in SBI ATM. In this guide we have seen process to SBI online money transfer using debit card online. Let know if you have any doubts/queries in the comment section below.
- How to add beneficiary in SBI? [3 Easy Methods]
- How to change SBI ATM PIN online? [3 Easy Methods]
- How to Change registered Mobile Number In SBI?
- SBI PAN Card Link: How to Link PAN card to SBI Account online?
- How to block SBI ATM Card? [Within 1 minute]
- SBI Holiday List 2022
- What is password for SBI statement? get SBI statement password in just 2 minutes