SBI provides many digital banking facilities to its customers for easy access to their account on fingertips using smartphones/computers. One such service is to change or Register Email ID in SBI account. In case your old registered email id is not accessible, or you want to register an email ID to your SBI bank account, then you can do it Online via Internet Banking facility. This guide explains how to update Email ID in SBI online in step-by-step instructions.
Requirements to change email ID in SBI Account –
- SBI Internet banking User ID.
- SBI Internet Banking Password.
- Registered Mobile Number must be with you and must be able to receive an OTP via SMS.
- Debit card details.
- SBI Profile Password. Forgot the profile password? Read how to reset it.
- You must have access to the new Email ID that you are going to update in sbi account.
Also Read – How to deposit a cheque in SBI bank
Why should you update Email ID in SBI Account?
SBI communicate on some things over Email Address. You should always keep your Email address updated, or you may miss important communication, transaction messages sent from SBI.
Here are some things that SBI send over Email –
- The statement is always sent by email. Know how to get statement on mail without internet banking.
- OTP via email. Know how to receive OTP via email in sbi.
- SBI rewardz registration confirmation.
- SBI credit card registration confirmation.
How to update Email ID in SBI Account Online? Step by step procedure
We will see the steps in detail, follow the step exactly as explained –
- Step1: Open the SBI Internet Banking website on your smartphone/computer browser – onlinesbi.com
- Step2: Click on the Login button and enter your User Id and Password.
- Step3: Also, enter the Captcha code and then enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number.
- Step4: Once you log in to your account, click on the ‘My Accounts & Profile‘ option from the main menu.
- Step5: Then from the sub-menu, click on the ‘Profile’ option.
- Step6: Now, from the new page, click on the ‘My profile‘ option.
- Step7: Now enter your Profile Password on the screen and click on ‘Submit‘ button.
- Step8: Then from the new page, in front of email address, click on the ‘Change’ option (Or register option).
- Step9: On the next page, ‘Enter your new email address’ and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Step10: You will now receive an OTP on the entered email id. Open the email received from SBI and you will see a PDF file attached. The password to open the PDF file is your registered mobile number. Once you open the PDF file, note down the OTP mentioned in it.
- Step11: Enter this OTP on the provided field on the screen and then click on the Appove button.
- Step12: On the next page, you have to select the Approval method from – Using debit card, OTP through SMS or Visting Branch. Simplest method is to verify using OTP.
- Step13: You will now receive an OTP on your registered mobile number. enter the OTP on the provided field and click on the Approve button.
- Step14: On the next page, you can see the message – ‘Email Address updated successfully‘.
Also Read – How to change signature in SBI account
In this guide, we seen how to update email id in SBI account online using internet banking facility. If you have any doubt/query regarding the information provided in this article, let us know in the comment section below.