State Bank of India provides easy access for funds transfer through internet banking. You can transfer funds via NEFT, IMPS, or RTGS as per your requirement, amount of funds, and time. But, to use this facility you have to add a beneficiary in SBI internet banking. What if you don’t want to add beneficiary and still want to transfer money from SBI account? If that’s the case then this guide is for you. In this article, we will see all methods to transfer money from SBI account without adding beneficiary.
Things required to transfer money without adding beneficiary in SBI
- Registered Mobile Number with SBI must be with you.
- SBI Internet Banking Username and Password.
- The mobile number should be active and able to receive OTP via SMS.
- The beneficiary account number, branch name, and IFSC code.
- Beneficiary mobile number or email ID (if you want to transfer money using SBI mCash method).
How to transfer money from SBI account without adding beneficiary
- Via SBI Quick Transfer
- Using UPI App
- Using IMPS from UPI App
- Using SBI mCash
- Using SBI Cash Deposit machine
We will see each method in detail –
Method 1 – Transfer money from SBI account without adding beneficiary using SBI Quick Transfer
SBI allows internet banking users to quickly transfer funds without adding beneficiary. The limit of this method is 25000 per transaction. There is no charges deducted for this method.
- Login to SBI internet banking from your computer/smartphone.
- Click on the Funds Transfer option from the main menu.
- Now, click on the “Quick Transfer(without adding beneficiary)” option from the page.
- On the new page, enter the details of a beneficiary account such as account number, IFSC code, Account Name, and mobile number. Also, select the purpose of transferring this amount.
- Click on Submit button after accepting the terms and conditions at the bottom of the form.
- Now, you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter this OTP on the screen, and click on Verify button.
- Once the OTP is verified, the amount transfer process will be initiated. If you have selected IMPS, then the money will transfer immediately to the beneficiary account. And if you have selected NEFT then the amount will transfer within 4-5 hrs.
Method 2 – How to transfer money from SBI Account without adding beneficiary using UPI App
This is a very easy and most used method to transfer money without knowing beneficiary account details. You only need a beneficiary VPA or UPI ID or Mobile number saved in your phone.
This method only works on Mobile phones with registered numbers inserted into the mobile phone. There is per day limit to transfer funds using UPI
- Download any UPI app on your smartphone. There are many popular UPI apps like Phonepe, GPay, BHIM App, Paytm, etc. You can download them from the play store for Android or App Store for iOs phones. Every bank also provides their own UPI App or includes UPI payments in their Mobile App, you can use these official Apps also.
- For now, we will see the PhonePe UP app. Register on Phonepe using your bank registered mobile number and click on the New Payment option.
- Now, enter the UPI ID of the beneficiary or search the contact saved in the phone contacts and select it.
- On the new page, enter the amount to transfer. Also, enter the Message to remember for what reason you did this transfer.
- On the new page, enter your UPI PIN.
- Done! you have transferred the money to the beneficiary account without adding it.
Method 3 – Transfer money without adding beneficiary in SBI using IMPS from UPI App
If you have a beneficiary account number and IFSC code but don’t want to add as a beneficiary then you can transfer funds to this account using UPI App via IMPS.
- Open UPI app such as the PhonePe app.
- Under the Transfer Funds section, tap on the “To Account” option and then tap on “ADD RECIPIENT BANK ACCOUNT“.
- Now, select the bank name and then enter the account number of the beneficiary, IFSC code if required, Account Holder name, etc.
- Tap on CONFIRM button at the bottom to save the account details.
- Now, you can tap on the Account you just saved and enter the Amount and message.
- On the new page, enter your UPI PIN.
- Once the PIN is verified, your amount will be sent to the beneficiary account upon successful transaction.
Method 4 -Use SBI mCash to transfer funds without adding beneficiary in SBI account.
mCash is available in SBI Yono Lite App. You can transfer funds using just the mobile number of the beneficiary. There is a service charge to use mCash service i.e 2.5 rs + tax.
- Open SBI Yono Lite App on your smartphone.
- Login with a six-digit Easy PIN or Username/password.
- From the home page, tap on the “Fund Transfer” option.
- Tap on the “Send mCash” option.
- On the new page, select your account number from which the amount to be debited.
- Enter the beneficiary’s Mobile Number or Email ID.
- Enter the Amount to be transferred.
- Also, enter the Remarks and accept terms and conditions.
- Finally, tap on SUBMIT button, and you are done.
- Enter the OTP that you have received in your mobile number and tap on Submit button.
- Now, a receiver will receive an SMS with 8 digit passcode.
- Ask beneficiary to open sbi website on the open mCash option.
- The receiver will enter the Account number, IFSC code, and 8 digit passcode.
- Done, the money will be transferred to the receiver’s bank account.
Method 5 – How to transfer money from SBI account without adding beneficiary via Cash Deposit Machine
If you dint have access to SBI internet banking or a registered mobile number is not with you but you just have an ATM card with you then you can transfer money using the SBI CDM machine.
- Go to the nearest SBI Cash Deposit Machine along with your Debit card.
- Insert the card and enter your Debit card PIN.
- Now, select send money to the beneficiary.
- Enter the beneficiary account number and IFSC number.
- Now, enter the amount you want to transfer.
- Once all the details are verified, you can put your cash into CDM.
- Once all the notes are validated, the amount will be transferred to the beneficiary account.
This guide explains how to transfer money from SBI account without adding beneficiary. You can do this by five methods. In case you have any doubt/query regarding the information provided in this article, write to us in the comment section below.
- How to close SBI FD online in just 1 minute?
- How to get SBI bank statement on Email in just 5 minutes?
- What is the SBI beneficiary activation time?
- How to get SBI Rewardz customer ID?
- How to enable transaction rights in SBI online?
- How to activate SBI Debit card for online transaction?
- SBI online money transfer using debit card : SBI IMT service to transfer money using ATM card