In SBI Bank, you can create a Fixed deposit online and also add/change nominee to your FD online. In this guide, we will see how to change Nominee in SBI fixed deposit online using your phone/computer.
Table of Contents
Requirements to change SBI fixed deposit nominee online –
- SBI netbanking userid.
- SBI netbanking passoword.
- Registered Mobile number should be with you. (To authenticate netbanking login via OTP).
- Fixed Deposit Account Number.
- Nominee Name, Relationship with account holder, and address.
We will now see the actual process of adding nominee in sbi net banking.
How to change Nominee in SBI Fixed Deposit online?
Follow these exact steps –
- Step1: Open SBI Internet banking website on your computer/smartphone browser – https://www.onlinesbi.com/
- Step2: Click on the LOGIN button and then enter the user id and password. Also, enter the captcha code correctly and press login button.
- Step3: You will now receive an OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP on the given field on the screen and click on Login button.
- Step4: From the Main Dashboard, click on ‘Request & Enquiries‘ option from the main menu.
- Step5: From the new page, click on ‘Online Nomination‘ option.
- Step6: Now, select your ‘Fixed Deposit’ account number from the list of accounts(fixed and saving) shown on the screen and click on ‘Continue’ button.
- Step7: If the nominee is already registered, you have to cancel the previously linked nominee; then, you can add new nominee details.
- Step8: To cancel the nominee, click on ‘Cancel Nominee‘ tab from the page and select the Fixed deposit number.
- Step9: Then tick – I accept terms and conditions statement and then click on ‘Submit’ button.
- Step10: You will now receive an OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter this OTP on the screen and then click on Confirm button.
- Step11: Your nominee is now canceled. (After 8 pm, the nominee will be scheduled to cancel after 8 am next day morning.
- Step12: You can now register for a new nominee. On the ‘Register Nominee’ tab, select your fixed deposit number and click on ‘Continue’ button.
- Step13: You can now enter the nominee name, address, and relationship with the account holder.
- Step14: Click on Submit button to complete ‘change nominee in SBI fixed deposit’ process.
We have seen the two steps involved in how to change nominee in sbi fixed deposit online. If you have any doubt regarding the information provided in this article, write to us in the comment section below.
- How to add beneficiary in SBI? [3 Easy Methods]
- How to change SBI ATM PIN online? [3 Easy Methods]
- How to Change registered Mobile Number In SBI?
- SBI PAN Card Link: How to Link PAN card to SBI Account online?
- How to block SBI ATM Card? [Within 1 minute]
- SBI Holiday List 2022
- What is password for SBI statement? get SBI statement password in just 2 minutes