As per the RBI rule, newly issued debit cards come with online transactions disabled by default. To start using your debit card for online transactions such as POS, International transactions, you must manually enable them after you receive your card. In this guide, we will see how to activate ICICI debit card for online transaction in step-by-step instructions.
Requirements to activate ICICI debit card for online transaction
- The ICICI debit card should be with you.
- You must generate a PIN before activating the card for online transactions. Know the process for ICICI debit card pin generation.
- Registered mobile number must be with you and should be able to receive SMS. Know how to change mobile number in icici bank.
- Internet banking user id and password.
- iMobile App installed on your phone and registered. Know imobile app registration online process.
How to activate ICICI Debit card for online transaction?
You can enable online transactions for your debit card via online methods, also without internet but without going to the bank –
- Using iMobile App.
- Using ICICI net banking.
- By calling customer care
We will see both these methods in detail –
Method1 – How to activate ICICI debit card for online transaction using iMobile App.
- Open iMobile App on your computer.
- Now, tap on the ‘Services‘ option at the bottom.
- From the services menu, tap on the ‘Cards Services‘ and select ‘Modify Debit Card Limit‘ option.
- From the new page, select the account number and the debit card number.
- Now, enable ‘Online’ transaction and the limit for the same.
- Similarly, enable ‘Tap&Pay‘ transaction and set the limit.
- To enable International transactions, tap on the ‘International‘ tab on the screen and enable the type of transaction you want to do.
- Once you enable all required transactions, press Submit button.
Done! Your card is now enabled for online transactions for domestic and international channels.
Method 2 – How to activate ICICI debit card for online transaction from ICICI net banking
- Open ICICI net banking website on your computer/smartphone browser – icicibank.com
- Then, click on the Login button and enter the user id and password.
- Now, click on the ‘Cards&Loans‘ option.
- From the sub-menu, click on the ‘ATM/Debit Card‘ option.
- Now, on the screen, click on the ‘Manage Card Limits‘ Option.
- On the new page, select the debit card, and then enable ‘Retails transactions‘, ‘E-Commerce transactions‘ and ‘Contactless transactions‘ option from the screen. Also, set the limit for each transaction.
- Finally, click on the Submit button, and on the new page, enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number and click Submit button.
- Now, enter the digits from the debit grid printed on your debit card’s backside, and click on Submit button.
- Your new limit is now set, and online transaction for icici debit card is enabled.
Method 3 – How to activate ICICI debit card for online transaction by calling customer care
- From your registered mobile number, dial icici phone banking number – 18601207777
- Select language for IVRS menu.
- As per the new menu, you can directly speak “Enable online transactions” wait till IVRS tells you the menu.
- Press 1 for Saving account and wait till the further menu.
- Press 5 to manage your debit card limits.
- Enter the 16 digit debit card or 12 digit account number.
- Enter debit card PIN or press 2 authenticate with OTP and enter OTP received on registered mobile number.
- Press 1 for domestic usage and press 2 to manage domestic usage, and then press 1 to enable it.
- Your car is activated successfully. Similarly, you can enable domestic/international swipe, atm withdraw, e-commerce usage.
In this guide, we have seen three easy methods to activate ICICI debit card for online transaction. If you have any queries/questions regarding the information provided in this article, write to us in the comment section below.
- How to check ICICI bank account activation status?
- How to see virtual debit card in ICICI online? [2 Easy methods]
- ICICI Debit Card tracking and check status in just 1 minute
- How to transfer money without adding beneficiary in ICICI?
- What is ICICI beneficiary activation time and cooling period? [1 minute read]
- [4 easy steps] ICICI debit card activation online process step by step guide