ICICI bank gives internet banking access to every account holder/credit card holder/loan account. To login to the ICICI net banking, the bank provides a User ID. Using this user ID, users can generate a password themselves and log in to their account using this user id and password. The User ID provided by the ICICI bank is some random alphabets, and it’s very difficult to remember it. So it is necessary to change it some simple and easy to remember characters. In this guide, we will see how to change user ID in ICICI net banking.
Table of Contents
Things required to change user ID in ICICI net banking
- You must know the existing user ID – If you forgot the old user ID, then read this guide to recover/reset it – how to recover icici user ID?.
- The bank registered mobile number must be with you to receive an OTP via SMS.
Must Read – How to change address in ICICI bank online
How to change User ID in ICICI net banking
- Step1: First of all, open the ICIC net banking website on your computer/smartphone – https://www.icicibank.com/
- Step2: Login with your existing user id (for the last time) and password.
- Step3: Once you logged into your account, click on OVERVIEW option from the main menu and then select Personal Details from sub-menu.
- Step4: Under My Profile section, click on Update User ID option.
- Step5: From the new screen, Enter the new User ID of your choice. Re-enter the user ID to verify its correctness.
- Step6: Remember that the first two characters of the user id should be alphabets.
- Step7: Also, ICICI bank allowed only one-time change in user ID. You cannot change it more than once.
Read the bank rules regarding user id change from the below image:-
You can now login with the new user id and existing password.
Must Read – How to change mobile number in ICICI bank
How to reset user id in ICICI bank by phone call
If you forgot the user id of internet banking, you could easily get by calling the icici customer care number.
- From your mobile number, call the following number –
ICICI Bank net banking user id generation by call – 18601207777
- Once the call gets connected, select option according to the type of account you have in icici ( saving account, credit card holder, etc.)
- Since we have a credit card, we have chosen option 2.
- Then enter the 16 digit credit card number and 4 digit PIN.
- Select option 1 for self banking and then option 1 to know the user ID. Your user id will be read out loud on the phone call. Write it somewhere or memorize it.
- Select option 3 to reset the User ID.
If you have chosen, reset user ID, the new user id will be sent to your registered mobile number and email id. You can now use this user id to login to the icici net banking.
We have seen how to change user ID in ICICI net banking online. You can do this work by sitting at home from your phone. If you have any doubts/queries regarding the information provided in this article, please write to us in the comment section below.
- How to unblock ICICI debit card online? [4 Quick methods]
- How to get ICICI bank statement by Email?
- How to get ICICI bank mini statement online? [In 1 minute]
- How to get ICICI bank Passbook statement online?
- I forgot ICICI MPIN. How to change MPIN in ICICI Mobile App?
- How to change Email ID in ICICI credit card online? [In just 3 minutes]
- How to find ICICI Bank Customer ID?