How to Block ICICI debit card online/offline? [4 Quick Methods]
ICICI bank has many online digital banking facilities through netbanking and App with digital banking features. With their debit card facilities, you can transact online, withdraw cash from ATMs, and swipe the card on shopping mall. Due to some reasons, if you have lost your card or the card is being misused, you should block the card immediately. ICICI provides many methods to block ICICI debit card instantly. This guide will explain each method on how to block ICICI debit card instantly by SMS, iMobile App, WhatsApp, internet banking, iMobile App, etc. Every method will be explained in detail and step by step so that you can block your ICICI card immediately and stop fraud or misuse.
Table of Contents
Requirements to block ICICI debit card –
There are few things to block your card immediately. You must have at least one with you –
- Registered Mobile Number – The number registered with the bank must be with you.
- The mobile number must be active and should be able to make calls.
- ICICI Internet Banking User ID and password.
- iMobile App must be installed and registered.
Few things to remember before blocking your ICICI debit card
=> If your card is stolen, damaged and you have to block it permanently, then you cannot unblock it. You have to apply for a new card.
=> If your card is lost/misplaced and you think that you can find the card later, you can Temporarily block it, and after, you can Unblock it.
How to block ICICI debit card Online/Offline Instantly?
There are currently four emergency methods available, through which you can instantly block the card. These methods are –
- By calling customer care toll free number.
- By using iMobile App.
- By using Internet Banking.
- By Whatsapp Banking.
We will see each method in detail –
Method 1 – How to block ICICI debit card toll-free number customer care
You can call customer care to block your card.
- From the registered mobile number, dial the following number –
ICICI debit card block toll-free number – 18001038181
- Press 0 to report loss of card
- Press 1 to report loss of Debit card
- Press 1 to confirm blocking debit card.
Also Read – How to download ICICI bank statement without login?[in 2 minutes]
Method 2 – How to block ICICI debit card using Whatsapp?
This is the easiest and quickest method available to block the card instantly.
With the help of Whatsapp, you can easily block your card on the go –
- Save the ICICI WhatsApp banking number to your phone – +91 86400 86400
- Start a chat and send Hi.
- In response, you will receive the main menu.
- From the menu, select Block/Unblock Card option.
- Next, select the debit card from the list of cards shown.
- You can now select whether to temporarily block the card or Permantally block the card.
- Based on your reply, your card will be blocked.
MUST READ – How to see virtual debit card in ICICI online?
Method 3 – How to block ICICI debit card using iMobile App
If you have installed and registered for iMobile App, you can block your debit card within seconds.
- Open iMobile Pay App on your smartphone and log in with PIN/Password.
- From the Homepage, tap on ‘Services‘ option from the bottom menu.
- Then tap on ‘Card Services‘ option.
- Under the sub-menu, tap on ‘Block/Unblock Debit Card‘ option.
- From the new page, Select Account number, Card number, and Block Type as Temporary or Permanent.
- You can now tap on Submit button to block the card.
Also Read – How to do ICICI bank KYC update online?
Method 4 -How to block ICICI debit card by internet banking
- Open ICICI bank website on your computer/smartphone browser – icicibank.com
- Click on the login button and enter your User ID and Password.
- Then click on the ‘CARDS’ option.
- Then click on the ‘Debit card‘ option.
- Now, on the new page, you can see the card details. Here, click on ‘Block Card‘ option.
- From the new page, select Account number, Card number from the drop-down list.
- Also, select the type of blocking as temporary or permanent.
- Also, select the reason for blocking as Damaged, Lost, Stolen, etc.
- You can click on terms and conditions and then tick mark on I read t&C.
- Finally, click on Submit button and confirm the same on the next page.
Also Read – How to transfer money without adding beneficiary in ICICI?
How to block ICICI debit card by SMS?
Currently, there is no way to block debit card by sending SMS.
By using four easy ways, you can block ICICI debit card online as well as offline. If you have any doubts/queries regarding ICICI banking, you can read our ICICI bank related articles. You can also write your queries/questions in the comment section below.
- How to Enable international transaction on ICICI credit card?
- How to activate ICICI debit card for online transaction within 2 minutes?
- How to get ICICI bank Passbook statement online?
- What is ICICI Bank Statement Password? How to remove ICICI bank statement password in 1 minute
- How to do ICICI credit card PIN generation online? [Within 5 minutes]
- How to increase ICICI credit card limit online?
- How to get ICICI bank mini statement online? [In 1 minute]