ICICI Internet banking facility provides a feature to transfer money to beneficiary account using IMPS, NEFT, or RTGS. You need to first add the beneficiary in your ICICI bank account. You can add the payee online using your smartphone or computer. In this guide, we will see how to add beneficiary in ICICI bank account using iMobile app and ICICI internet banking.
Table of Contents
Requirements to add beneficiary in ICICI bank account
You must fulfill or collect the following things to add payee in ICICI bank –
- Registered mobile number – You must have the registered mobile number with you. Know, How to change mobile number in ICICI Bank by reading our guide.
- Account Number and Debit Card Number – To register on iMobile, you must have the account number and ICICI debit card with you.
- A smartphone with an active internet connection to use the iMobile App.
- You must know your internet banking user id and password to log in to your ICICI internet banking account.
- Beneficiary Account Number, IFSC Code, and Account Holder Name.
Pre-requisite steps to add beneficiary in ICICI –
=> Download and register on iMobile App – On your smartphone, download the iMobile App and register using your mobile number, account number, and debit card.
=> If you don’t have a smartphone or don’t want to use a smartphone, you can register on internet banking to add a beneficiary in the ICICI bank account.
=> Connect your computer to the Internet and Install a browser such as Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge.
How to add beneficiary in ICICI Bank? – 2 Easy methods
There are two methods currently available to add payees in ICICI bank –
- Using iMobile App
- Using ICICI Internet Banking through a mobile browser or computer browser.
We will see each method in detail –
Method 1 – How to add beneficiary in ICICI bank using iMobile App
From your smartphone, do these steps as explained below –
- Open the iMobile App and log in with a four-digit Easy PIN or Fingerprint Authentication.
- From the main dashboard, you can see the “My Saving Account” card at the top section of the app. If there is any other card, please swipe left or right and put the savings account card at the center.
- Under the Transact option tab, tap on the Fund Transfer option.
- On the new page, tap on the Add/Manage Payee option.
- On the new page, select the type of payee as ICICI bank OR Other Bank. (I have selected Another bank account).
- On the same page, now enter the Payee Account Holder Name, Account Number, Re-enter Account Number, IFSC Code, and Account type as Saving or Current. You can also enter the Account nickname to easily identify the payee in the future.
- Once you fill in all the required information, tap on the Proceed button.
- On the new page, you can verify all the details entered and click on Submit button.
- Now, you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter this OTP and click on Submit button.
- Done! Your Payee is now added to the beneficiary list.
Method 2 – How to add beneficiary in ICICI using Internet Banking
You can use ICICI net banking anytime to add payee –
- Open the ICICI Netbanking website on your computer/smartphone browser – https://www.icicibank.com/
- Enter the Username and Password to log in to your account.
- From the homepage, click on “Payment & Fund transfer” from the main menu.
- From the drop-down menu, click on the “Funds Transfer” option.
- On the new page, click on Add New Payee button.
- From the new page opened, select the type of payee as ICICI bank payee or Other Bank payee.
- Enter the Beneficiary account name, type of Account, Account number, Re-type account number, and IFSC Code.
- Then click on the Next button and verify the details.
- Click on the Confirm Payee button to save the details.
- You will receive the OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP on the screen and click on the Confirm Payee button to confirm the beneficiary.
- If you cannot receive OTP over SMS, you can get the OPT over call – just click on the option “Get OTP on Call.”
The beneficiary is now added successfully to your account.
What is ICICI beneficiary activation time?
You have to wait for 30 Minutes for beneficiary activation. After 30 minutes, you will be able to transfer funds to the newly added beneficiary.
Also, you can add 10 beneficiaries in a day using internet banking or iMobile App.
You can easily add beneficiary using iMobile App from your smartphone. You can also use Internet banking to add payee to your icici bank account. We have seen both the methods in detail to learn about how to add beneficiary in ICICI bank account. If you have any queries/doubts regarding the information provided in this article, please let us know in the comment section below.
- How to do ICICI credit card PIN generation online? [Within 5 minutes]
- How to increase ICICI credit card limit online?
- How to get ICICI bank mini statement online? [In 1 minute]
- How to do ICICI bank mobile number change?
- How to check ICICI Credit card balance? [in 2 minutes]
- How to get ICICI bank Passbook statement online?
- How to know ICICI credit card number? 2 Easy Methods