ICICI has a wide range of digital banking facilities through its internet banking and mobile banking app. Using the online facilities, you can easily block your card on the go. If you think that your card is misplaced and later find it, you can temporarily block it. After you find your card, you can then unblock the card online. This will explain how to unblock ICICI debit card online. The guide explains the different methods in easy step-by-step instructions.
Things required to unblock ICICI debit card online –
You should have the following things with you to get your card working again –
- Registered mobile number must be with you.
- The mobile number should be able to receive OTP via SMS. (or you can access your registered email id to get OTP).
- ICICI internet banking Username and password.
- ICICI iMobile App login details.
Once you have all the necessary things with you, you can easily unblock the card. Here’s how
How to unblock ICICI debit card online?
There are currently three methods available to Unblock ICICI debit card –
- Using Internet Banking
- Using iMobile App
- Using Whatsapp
We will see each method in detail –
Before we go ahead please note that Permanatly blocked debit card CANNOT BE UNBLOCKED.You have to order new debit card. The Unblock Action only applies to Temporary blocked debit cards.
Method 1 – How to Unblock ICICI debit card using Internet Banking
- Open ICICI website on your computer/smartphone browser – icicibank.com
- Click on the Login button and enter your user id and password to log in to your account.
- From the main menu, click on ‘OVERVIEW‘, and then from the sub-menu, click on the ‘My View‘ option.
- Then from the left side menu, under Services section, click on ‘Block or Unblock ATM/Debit Card‘.
- On the new page, select the account number and then Debit Card, which you want to unblock.
- Select the ‘Unblock’ radio button and then select the reason to Unblock the card.
- Now, click on the read t&c link and then right tick in front of the “I have read….” statement.
- Finally, click on ‘Submit‘ button and then enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number.
Your card is now unblocked. You will receive an SMS, Email, and message on the screen stating that your card is unblocked successfully.
Also Read – How to see virtual debit card in ICICI online?
Method 2 – How to Unblock ICICI debit card using iMobile App.
- Open iMobile App on your smartphone. If you haven’t registered for the iMobile App, read this guide.
- Log in to the App using a four-digit PIN/password or fingerprint authentication.
- Then from the Main dashboard, tap on the ‘Services’ option.
- Now, tap on the ‘Card Services’ option.
- Under the card services menu, tap on the ‘Block/Unblock Debit Card‘ option.
- Then select card type, unblock as action to perform, account number, and debit card to unblock from the respective drop-down list.
- Also, select the reason to unlock and then press the ‘Submit’ button.
- Enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number and press Submit button.
Your card is now unblocked.
Method 3 – How to unblock ICICI debit card using Whatsapp
ICICI Bank now provides a Whatsapp banking feature using your registered mobile number on WhatsApp; you can manage your account on the go.
- Open the ICICI WhatsApp banking number on your WhatsApp – 8640086400 (just tap on the link to open it directly on WhatsApp).
- Send ‘menu’ to start a chat.
- In the reply, you will receive the main menu. From the main menu, select ‘Block/Unblock Card’ option.
- Now, type ‘Unblock’ and send.
- Next, select the card number from the list of cards shown.
- You will now receive a six-digit OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP on WhatsApp and send.
Your card is now unblocked using Whatsapp.
- How to UNBLOCK ICICI credit card within 1 minute?
- How to check ICICI home loan status?
- How to Block ICICI debit card online/offline? [4 Quick Methods]
- How to check ICICI bank account activation status?
- How to see virtual debit card in ICICI online? [2 Easy methods]
- ICICI Debit Card tracking and check status in just 1 minute