ICICI credit cards are capable of using it internationally. If you are an ICICI credit cardholder, you can use your card for other currency transactions like USD, JPY, EUR, etc. But as per the latest rule of RBI, international usage of the credit card is disabled by default, and you need to enable it manually. RBI takes this preventive step to stop a possible financial loss to the cardholder. This guide will show how to enable international transaction on ICICI credit card.
Table of Contents
Things required to enable international transactions on ICICI credit card
- Credit card details like Card Number, Expiry date, and CVV. ( only for registering on iMobile App and internet banking)
- Install ICICI iMobile app on your phone. If the App is not installed, read this guide on how to register for iMobile.
- You must know the ICICI internet banking user id and password to log in to your account. If you are not registered on internet banking yet, read this guide to register for ICICI net banking.
- The mobile number registered with the bank should be with you while activating international usage on ICICI credit card.
How to enable international transaction on ICICI credit card
there are three methods available to do this work. You can use any of the methods as both are easy and simple.
- By using iMobile App
- By ICICI internet Banking
- By sending SMS
We will see each method in detail –
Method 1 – How to enable international transactions on ICICI credit card using iMobile App?
Follow these steps to complete the process.
- Download iMobile App on your smartphone.
- Open the App and register on the App. Read this guide to learn how to register for iMobile App.
- Once the registration is completed, login to the App by entering the login PIN or fingerprint authentication. Tap on the Manage Card option from the main menu.
- Tap on the credit card in which you want to enable international transactions.
- From the Manage Card section. Under Transaction Settings, you can see the International Option.
- Enable this International Option.
- You will be prompted to confirm the selection. Tap on the Confirm button to proceed.
International transactions are now enabled on your credit card.
Method 2 – How to enable international transactions on ICICI credit card using Internet Banking
- Open ICICI net banking website on your computer/mobile – https://www.icicibank.com/
- Click the LOGIN button and enter your net banking user id and password.
- From the main menu, click “CARDS & LOANS” and click on the Credit Card option from the sub-menu.
- Now, you can view your credit card details like card number, available credit limit, etc. Here. Select Manage your card option.
- Click the Edit option in the “Manage Credit Card Usage” option.
- Now, enable the “Internation usage” from the options displayed.
- You will get the OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP on the screen and then click on the Submit button.
- You can now see the message “Your request has been processed successfully” on the screen, which means the international transaction on ICICI credit card is enabled.
Method 3 – How to enable international usage on ICICI credit card by Sending SMS?
Suppose you currently don’t have access to a smartphone or computer to use iMobile App or net banking OR you don’t want to register for iMobile App or net banking. In that case, you can send an SMS to enable international usage on your ICICI credit card.
- From your registered mobile number, open the SMS app and create a new message.
- Type the following message and send it to the ICICI helpline number –
Type INTL and send it on 5676766
- Standard SMS charges are applicable to send this SMS. Make sure that you have sufficient balance to send this message.
- You will receive a reply SMS stating your international usage is activated successfully.
Must Read – How to do change mobile number in ICICI bank
In this guide, we have seen three methods to enable international transaction on ICICI credit card. If you have any doubts regarding the information provided in this article, please write to us in the comment section below.
- How to change User ID in icici net banking
- How to download Interest Certificate from ICICI bank?
- How to activate ICICI debit card for online transaction within 2 minutes?
- How to get ICICI bank Passbook statement online?
- What is ICICI Bank Statement Password? How to remove ICICI bank statement password in 1 minute
- How to do ICICI credit card PIN generation online? [Within 5 minutes]