ICICI credit cards are capable of using it internationally. If you are an ICICI credit cardholder, you can use your card for other currency transactions like USD, JPY, EUR, etc. But as per the latest rule of RBI, international usage of the credit card is disabled by default, and you need to enable it manually. This preventive step is taken by RBI to stop a possible financial loss to the cardholder. In this guide, we will see how to enable international transaction on ICICI credit card.
Things required to enable international usage on ICICI credit card
- Credit card details like Card Number, Expiry date, and CVV. ( only for registering on iMobile App and internet banking)
- Install ICICI iMobile app on your phone. If the App is not installed, read this guide on how to register for iMobile.
- You must know the ICICI internet banking user id and password to login to your account. If you are not registered on internet banking yet, then read this guide to register for icici net banking.
- The mobile number registered with the bank should be with you while activating international usage on icici credit card.
How to enable international transaction on ICICI credit card
there are three methods available to do this work. You can use any of the methods as both are easy and simple.
- By using iMobile App
- By ICICI internet Banking
- By sending SMS
We will see each method in detail –
Method 1 – How to enable international usage on ICICI credit card by using iMobile App
- Download iMobile App on your smartphone.
- Open the App and register on the App. Read this guide to know how to register for iMobile App.
- Once the registration is completed, login to the App by entering the login PIN or fingerprint authentication. Tap on the Manage Card option from the main menu.
- Tap on the credit card in which you want to enable the international transactions.
- From the Manage Card section. Under Transaction Settings, you can see the International Option.
- Enable this international Option.
- You will be prompted to confirm the selection. Tap on the Confirm button to proceed.
International transactions are now enabled on your credit card.
Method 2 – How to enable international transaction on ICICI credit card using Internet Banking
- Open ICIC net banking website on your computer/mobile – https://www.icicibank.com/
- Click on LOGIN button and then enter your net banking user id and password.
- From the main menu, click on CARDS and LOANS, and then from the sub-menu, click on the Credit Card option.
- Now, you can view your credit card details like card number, available credit limit, etc. Here. Select Manage your card option.
- Now, click on the Edit option in from of Manage Credit Card Usage option.
- Now, enable the Internation usage from the options displayed.
- You will get the OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP on the screen and then click on the Submit button.
- You can now see the message “Your request has been processed successfully” on the screen, which means the international transaction on icici credit card is enabled successfully.
Method 3 – How to enable international usage on ICICI credit card by Sending SMS
If you currently dont have access to a smartphone or computer to use iMobile App or net banking OR you dont want to register for iMobile App or net banking, then you can send an SMS to enable the international usage on your icici credit card.
- From your registered mobile number, open the SMS app and create a new message.
- Type the following message and send it on the icici helpline number –
Type INTL and send it on 5676766
- Standard SMS charges are applicable to send this SMS. Make sure that you have sufficient balance to send this message.
- You will receive a reply SMS stating your international usage is activated successfully.
Must Read – How to do change mobile number in ICICI bank
In this guide, we have seen three methods to enable international transaction on ICICI credit card. If you have any doubts regarding the information provided in this article, please write to us in the comment section below.
- How to add beneficiary in ICICI Bank?- 2 Easy methods
- How to update Email ID in ICICI bank in just 5 minutes
- How to check ICICI Credit card balance in 2 minutes?
- How to increase ICICI credit card limit online?
- How to check ICICI bank credit card reward points
- How to do ICICI bank KYC update online
- How to change icici net banking password