ICICI bank credit card holder can now instantly block their card if they misplace it or card is misused. ICICI bank provides facilities and various methods to block the card using just a mobile phone. You don’t need to go to the bank or ATM to block your credit card and you can do this activity by sitting at home. In this guide, we will see how to block ICICI credit card within a minute.
Table of Contents
Things required to block ICICI credit card
- The mobile number is required which is registered with the bank.
- The mobile number should have a balance to send an SMS.
- iMobile App must be installed on your phone if you choose to block icici credit card via the iMobile app.
- Internet banking user ID and password if you choose to block icici credit card via internet banking.
How to block ICICI credit card instantly
There are various methods that are provided by the bank.
- By sending SMS
- Through iMobile App
- Via Internet banking
We will see each method in detail –
Method 1 – How to block ICICI credit card by SMS
You can send an SMS from your registered number if you know there is an unusual activity with your credit card or you lost your card.
- On your registered mobile number, open the messaging app.
- Type the following and send this message to 9215676766
ICICI credit card block by SMS – BLOCK [space] Last 4 digits of Card to 9215676766
- Once the message is sent successfully, your card will be blocked, and future transactions will be stopped.
Must Read – How to track ICICI credit card dispatch status
Method 2- Block ICICI credit card through iMobile App
- Login to iMobile app using MPIN OR fingerprint authentication. If you haven’t activated the iMobile app yet, then know how to activate mobile banking in ICICI bank.
- Once you logged into the app, tap on the Manage Card option.
- There are two options to block your card, in the first option you can temporarily block your card.
- To temporarily block ICICI credit card tap on the Temp Block option from the screen.
- On the new popup option, you will be asked – “Please confirm that whether you want to block your credit card temporarily?“. Select OK to block the card.
- To permanently block ICICI credit card tap on the Block Card option under the Manage card menu.
- On the new screen, select Block type as Permanent and select reason to block card as per your choice, Enter the mobile number and Email ID also.
- Once you tap on the Submit button, your card will be blocked permanently.
Note – If you block the card temporarily, you can unblock it by following the same method. But if you block your card permanently, you cannot unblock it and you need to apply for a new card via net banking.
Method 3 – How to block icici credit card through net banking
- Open the icici bank internet banking website on your phone/computer – https://www.icicibank.com/
- Click on the Login button and enter your User ID and password. Reset ICICI password from here.
- From the main menu, click on the Customer Service option and then from the drop-down menu, click on Service Requests option.
- Under the Credit Cards section, click on the Block Credit card option.
- Select the credit card number and click on the Submit button.
- Your card will be blocked instantly.
Note – Card blocked using internet banking will be permanently and you cannot un-block it. You have to apply for replacement card.
Using three different methods you can Block ICICI credit card sitting from home. If you have any doubts regarding the information provided about ICICI bank credit card black, you can write down in the comment section below.
- How to activate ICICI credit card for online transactions? 3 Easy Methods
- What is ICICI Bank Statement Password? How to remove ICICI bank statement password in 1 minute
- How to do ICICI credit card PIN generation online? [Within 5 minutes]
- How to increase ICICI credit card limit online?
- How to get ICICI bank mini statement online? [In 1 minute]
- How to do ICICI bank mobile number change?
- How to check ICICI Credit card balance? [in 2 minutes]