ICICI bank provides many variants of Debit Card/ATM cards which you can choose while opening a bank account or order online anytime. Once the card is dispatched, you will get a tracking id, and it will be delivered to the registered address. After receiving the card, you must generate PIN to start using it. In this guide, we will see the methods for ICICI debit card PIN generation. We will see both the online method and the ATM method.
Requirements for ICICI Debit Card PIN Generation –
- ICIC Debit Card Details – Card number, CVV, and the Debit Grid printed on the backside.
- Registered mobile number must be with you.
- Date of Birth – DoB of the account holder.
- Registered mobile number should be active and should be able to receive an OTP.
ICIC Debit Card PIN generation – All methods explained
There are currently four methods available to generate ICICI debit card PIN. All the methods are super easy and don’t require you to visit a bank branch. Except one method require you to visit ICICI ATM near you.
- By calling customer care
- From iMobile App
- Using icici net banking
- By visiting the ICICI bank branch
We will see each method in detail –
Method 1 – ICICI Debit card PIN generation by calling customer care.
This method is helpful when you don’t have internet banking details yet, or you cannot access the internet due to some reason.
- From your registered mobile number, open a phone app and dial ICICI customer care –
ICICI bank debit card pin generate customer care number – 18601207777
- Once the call gets connected, select the language for the IVRS menu.
- Press 1 for Banking account.
- The IVRS will tell you the account balance and then starts the next menu. Listen to the menu and press 0 to generate debit card PIN.
- Now, enter the 16 digit debit card number OR 12 digit account number.
- Then enter the expiry date in MMYY.
- Then enter the account holder’s date of birth in DDMMYYYY.
- Now, enter the CVV of your debit card.
- You can now enter the four-digit ATM PIN as per your liking.
Done! Your icici debit card pin generate process is now complete without internet.
Method 2 – How to do the ICICI debit card pin generation using iMobile App.
If you have registered for the iMobile app, you generate icici debit card pin within the app itself.
- Open iMobile app on your smartphone. If you haven’t registered on the app, read how to register for iMobile app.
- From the home page, tap on the ‘Services‘ option at the bottom of the screen.
- Then tap on the Card PIN Services menu.
- Under this menu, tap on ‘Debit Card PIN Generation‘ option.
- From the new page, select the saving account and select the Debit Card number.
- Then enter the CVV Number, four-digit ATM PIN.
- Re-enter the ATM PIN and then press Submit button.
- Now, enter the numbers corresponding to the digits displayed on the screen. You can find these numbers from the Grid printed on the backside of your ICIC debit card.
- Your PIN has been generated successfully.
Method 3 – ICICI Debit card PIN generation using Internet banking.
- Open ICIC netbanking website on your computer/smartphone browser – https://www.icicibank.com/
- Click on the ‘LOGIN‘ button and enter your user id and password.
- From the menu, click on the ‘CARDS&LOANS‘ option and choose the ‘DEBIT/ATM CARD‘ option.
- From the new page, you can see the virtual debit card. Click on the ‘Generate PIN‘ option.
- On the new page, select the account number, card number and then enter the CVV of the debit card. Click ‘Submit‘ to go to the verification page.
- Now, on your registered mobile number, you will receive an OTP. Enter this OTP on the given field and click on the ‘Submit‘ button.
- On the new, enter the digits from debit grid for asked letters. You can get these numbers printed on the backside of ICICI debit card.
- You can enter the four Digit PIN as per your liking. Re-enter the same PIN and click on ‘Generate Now‘ button.
- Done! ICICI debit card PIN generation via Internet banking is successful.
Must Read – How to add nominee in ICICI bank online
Method 4 – How to generate ICICI debit card PIN by visiting ATM.
This is still a widely used method to generate atm pin. Since this method doesn’t require any internet connection or net banking access, anyone can do it anytime with atm card and registered mobile number.
- Visit nearest ICICI ATM along with a debit card and registered mobile number.
- Insert the card and select the Language first.
- Then select the ‘PIN Generation‘ option and then select generate OTP
- Enter your registered mobile number press the Continue button.
- On the new screen, you need to enter the Date of birth in DDMMYYYY format.
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Once again, insert your debit card and select PIN Generation, then select the ‘Already have an OTP‘ option.
- Enter the OTP received on mobile.
- You can now enter the four-digit PIN and confirm your choice by entering the same PIN.
ICICI bank debit card pin generation by SMS
Currently, there is no way to generate PIN by SMS. You must use any of the methods explained above to generate Debit card PIN.
How to activate ICICI debit card?
After you generate the ATM PIN you must activate your card to start using it. Read this guide to know the process to activate icici debit card.
ICICI debit card PIN generation is easy to process, and you can do it without going to the bank branch. In case you have any doubts regarding the ICICI bank-related services, please visit ICICI Bank section or write to us in the comment section below.