The ICICI Bank account holders can order and get from various debit cards offered by the bank. Once you receive the card, you must activate the card before starting to use it. In this guide, we will see how to do ICICI debit card activation online in a step-by-step manner.
Requirements for ICICI debit card activation –
- ICIC debit card details – Card number, date of Expiry, CVV number, and Debit Grid printed on the back of the card.
- Date of Birth – A DoB of Account holder. For a joint account, DOB for the primary account holder.
- Registered Mobile Number – The mobile number registered with the bank should be with you.
- Registered mobile number must be active and able to receive SMS and make calls.
- If you have registered an Email ID, it will be added advantage. Read how to change email id in icici bank.
- ICICI netbanking user ID and password.
- iMobile app must be installed and registered. Read iMobile app registration process.
ICICI Debit card Activation Online Process – Step by Step Guide
There are four steps involved in activating your ICICI debit card
- Generate PIN
- Enable online transactions
- Enable UPI
- Make one transaction
We will see each step in detail. Don’t skip any of the steps, or you may not be able to take full advantage of your ICICI debit card.
Step1: Generate ICICI Debit card PIN.
After receiving a card via Post (to your registered address), you must generate a PIN for your card. You can do this by four methods which include internet banking, iMobile App, and by calling phone banking number.
If you don’t have Internet banking access yet, please follow the method – ‘by calling customer care’.
The three methods are explained in our separate guide, which you can read by clicking the link below –
The easiest process is to use the iMobile App.
Step2: Activate ICICI debit card for Online transactions.
By default, online transactions for newly issued cards are disabled; you must enable them before using them for online transactions or at PoS.
There are three methods to enable online transactions along with atm transactions, tap and pay or any international transactions.
If you don’t have Internet banking access yet, please follow the method – ‘by calling customer care‘.
We have posted a separate guide in which we have explained each method in detail. To read the particular method in detail click on the following links –
The easiest online method is using the iMobile App.
Also Read – How to do ICICI bank KYC update online?
Step3: Activate UPI feature.
UPI is the fastest way to transfer money, bill payment, and every other daily transaction. To activate the UPI, you must need a Debit card with a debit card activated and the registered mobile number with you.
You can use the iMobile App UPI feature or any other popular UPI Apps such as GPay, PhonePe, etc. We will see how to activate UPI ID in the PhonePe app.
- Download and Open PhonePe App on your smartphone.
- Register on the app using the same number which is registered with the bank.
- Then tap on the ‘My Money‘ on the bottom of the app.
- Tap on the ‘Bank Accounts‘ option.
- Tap on the ‘Add new Bank Account‘ option from the bottom of the screen
- Select the bank account from the list and let the app fetch your bank details.
- Then select the bank account and enter the last six digits of your debit card number.
- Also, enter the ATM PIN and tap on Confirm button.
- Now, you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP on the screen and then tap on Confirm button.
- Once the details entered by you are verified, you can enter the NEW UPI PIN on the screen.
- Re-enter the UPI PIN and then press the Continue button.
- Done! Your UPI PIN is now set and can be used in any UPI App. Do not share UPI PIN or enter UPI PIN when someone asks you to enter.
Step4: Do at least one transaction.
Once you generate a PIN, enable online transactions, and created a UPI PIN, you can now do any one transaction of a small amount to activate ICICI debit card fully.
In this guide, we have seen four steps for ICICI debit card activation process. All the steps can be done by sitting at home and without going to the bank branch. If you have any doubts/queries regarding the information provided in this article, please write to us in the comment section below.
- How to unblock ICICI debit card online? [4 Quick methods]
- How to Block ICICI debit card online/offline? [4 Quick Methods]
- How to check ICICI bank account activation status?
- How to see virtual debit card in ICICI online? [2 Easy methods]
- ICICI Debit Card tracking and check status in just 1 minute
- How to transfer money without adding beneficiary in ICICI?
- What is ICICI beneficiary activation time and cooling period? [1 minute read]